Sep 1, 2021
Molly Trotter-Gomez is the Founder of Dream Factor Co, where she
helps coaches and consultants get clarity on their offer,
messaging, and how to be more visible in a noisy world. Molly got
her start as a news anchor and reporter for CBS affiliate stations
in Oregon and Washington State. However, Molly made the leap to
start her own business when she realized that she did not want to
glorify destructive and demoralizing stories anymore. Find out more
about Molly’s journey in this week’s episode!
- Molly recently got married in 2020. She didn’t want to wait to
marry her best friend.
- How did Molly go from television news anchor to digital
marketer and on-camera consultant?
- Molly shares some crazy stories she encountered as a news
- Molly felt stifled in her career. There were always voices in
her ear telling her how she needed to represent herself.
- After being fired as a news anchor, Molly had enough. She fell
in love with digital marketing because you can create everlasting
change from anywhere in the world.
- How does Molly help her clients?
- Molly doesn’t regret standing up for herself. She’s okay with
- What has shifted in social media since COVID-19 hit? What’s
working and what’s not working?
- You can’t skip the hard work. Being an entrepreneur is not
- People are hungrier than ever for real relationships.
- Molly is in a leadership course and one of the exercises you
need to do is write your own obituary. What do you want people to
say about you?
- Molly shares tips on how you can stop hiding and get yourself
- When you give value, people will pay attention to you. People
will hire you!
- Don’t let the “witness protection program” stop you from
achieving your dreams and getting good work done! Get out of that
program and let yourself shine.
- Stop thinking you can always do this on your own. You will
eventually need help if you wish to scale and grow.
“They fired me for wanting to inspire people. The news is
“I always encourage people to show up authentically to who you
are, not to who somebody else is trying to make you be.”
“Until you get your voice, don’t hire it out. Until you get your
brand and who you are, stop trying to hire the VA. You need to
discover who you are first”