Sep 8, 2021
Kevin Chemidlin is a Podcaster and Podcast Coach. He is the host
of Grow the Show, where he helps podcasters grow their
podcast numbers. With over 100,000 downloads and $100,000 of
revenue generated, Kevin is passionate about podcasting and helping
others learn the ropes of this industry! Kevin shares a bit about
his story and how to build a loyal podcast following in this week’s
- A little bit about Kevin and his background.
- Kevin was raised to go for stability. He went into corporate
because it was “the thing to do.”
- How did Kevin get into podcasting and grow his podcast?
- Kevin realized nothing was working in growing his podcast, so
he decided to take a step back and study from the greats.
- Make sure you have something that people want to pay you money
for before you leave your job.
- Entrepreneurship is so much more “in” than when Kathy first
- How did COVID-19 impact Kevin and his business?
- When you have a good mindset and perspective, you can tackle
any challenge thrown at you.
- What results are Kevin’s clients seeing from growing their
- Kevin shares some tips on how to grow your podcast
- Kevin recommends you unfollow or mute everyone on social media
that you don’t have a positive reaction with.
- Focus on growing your following for just 15 mins. a day. Kevin
caps it at 60 mins. max, or else you’ll get distracted and waste
- How do you engage online in four different ways?
- Go where your followers are and don’t promote, but
- Leave thoughtful comments on people’s posts. Don’t just comment
- Engage with your dream collaborators! Kevin shares how.
- Remember, it’s all about starting a dialogue and not asking
people for stuff.
- Do you have time for this? Yes! How long do you spend on social
media? Take 15 mins. of that and do it intentionally.
- A confused mind says no. Make sure you have a focus on all your
social media profiles.
“You have to make yourself happy first before you can make
everyone else happy.”
“Social media is designed by people with multiple PhDs in
psychology and human behavior where their whole job is to make you
stay on that app.”
“If you’re not asking people for stuff, your dream guests and
celebrities will DM with you!”