Apr 28, 2021
Dr. Renetta Weaver is a Master Addiction Counselor with 10 years
of experience as the Clinical Director of Intensive Addictions
Services with the Military. She helps educate and guide you on
getting to the root of your addiction, understand the steps to
recovery, and develop a comprehensive relapse prevention plan. She
is most passionate about helping people overcome their addiction or
bad relationship with food.
- Renetta’s work chose her in this space. Although working in the
addictions arena for the last 10 years was very rewarding, it’s
time to make a transition change.
- Renetta is passionate about weight loss! She underwent
bariatric surgery and the results have changed her life.
- When you struggle with food, it’s difficult because you can’t
just “quit cold turkey.”
- Renetta helps her patients develop a better mindset when it
comes to food.
- Renetta shares her favorite acronym — HALT and what it stands
- Renetta experienced a lot of ugly trauma in the past and the
weight started appearing after that trauma.
- Most of Dr. Renetta’s family, including her husband, did not
want her to have this bariatric surgery.
- Renetta shares what her experience was like with the surgery.
She had to learn to build a completely new relationship with food
and it was tough!
- What are the bariatric monologues going to be about?
- We do so much with food, people don’t realize how hard it can
be to practice conscious restraint.
- Interested in working with Dr. Renetta?
- Why did Dr. Renetta decide to quit her job after working for
the same employer for 10 years?
- When your comfort zone becomes uncomfortable, that’s life
trying to tell you it’s time to move.
- Renetta is at peace with her decision to quit her job. She is
looking forward to the future!
- The pain is not in the action. The pain is in the
“It doesn’t even matter what the addiction is. We still have to
eat, but it’s about developing a different relationship with
“When we’re feeding, that’s not true hunger. It’s feeding the
hunger of our emotions. Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired? Before you
pick up food, ask yourself which one you are.”
“There’s nothing wrong with us. We are the essence of beauty.
Whatever size, shape, color. Whatever we are.”