Jun 16, 2021
Autumn Witt Boyd graduated in the top 10% of her class from
Vanderbilt University Law School before ultimately landing as a
senior associate at the premier copyright litigation law firm.
Autumn eventually left BigLaw behind to start the AWB Firm in 2015
so she could spend her days helping entrepreneurs build, protect,
and scale their businesses the right way. Autumn drops some
timeless law wisdom on this week’s episode!
- How did Autumn get her start as a lawyer?
- What made Autumn decide to start her own law firm?
- Autumn really just wanted to start out small and as an
independent lawyer, but she hit a ceiling with the amount of work
she could do.
- Autumn really wanted to build a company that was friendly
towards women as they were raising children. The corporate lawyer
environment is rough and “part-time job” means 40 hours a week.
- Be friends with your competitors! It’s actually an excellent
network to be tapped into.
- How does Autumn do a pretty traditional business all
- What can a lawyer do for a business owner?
- Autumn has some fantastic templates for online business owners
that you can use! And! They regularly get updated.
- Kathy made so many legal mistakes. Ouch! You save money by
paying for a bit of legal counsel.
- Why should you get a trademark? And when should you consider
getting a trademark?
- Don’t have a contract? Get yourself a contract! It protects
both you and the client.
“A lot of entrepreneurs don’t realize what a big risk employment
law is, so we help with that.”
“You will save money, save yourself, and save your business by
getting that legal advice upfront.”
“If you buy a template and nothing else, buy a template for your