Jun 23, 2021
Ally Berthiaume is a professional writer, native Vermonter,
practicing feminist, recovering middle child, wannabe superhero,
and a mom who’s pretty sure she’s “winging it.” She holds an MFA in
creative writing and is also the Lady Boss Owner of The Write
Place, Right Time, her virtual boutique of copywriting and
- How did Ally get started in her entrepreneurial journey?
- Ally was going through a divorce when she found Kathy.
- Ally was miserable in her job. There were a lot of promises
made about her job, and they weren’t kept.
- Despite how much Ally hated it, she needed to hold on to the
stability of it all because her personal life was falling
- How did Ally find Kathy?
- Ally has wanted to be a writer her entire life. Now was the
- When Ally started working for herself, she surpassed her salary
and was surprised. Why would anyone work a regular job ever
- Ally shares some of her favorite clients to work for.
- You need to share your story!
- Ally talks about what it’s like working for and writing for
- How does Ally conduct her research and write in the same tone
of voice as her client?
- You can go crazy with just re-reading your book and editing it,
and editing it, and editing it. You need an outside
- What are some of the disadvantages of self-publishing a
- A typo is the bane of every writer’s existence.
“From 2010 to 2018, I was getting to the point where I wasn’t
satisfied. I was undervalued but overworked and it was just not
what I was cut out for. I was meant to do more.”
“I’m never going back! I’m never going to go back to working for
“It’s a superpower, I call it, hearing between the lines.
Zeroing in on what it is you’re saying even if you don't think
you’re organized in what you’re trying to tell me.”